A method for Potty Training your Little Puppy Dog.
Potty Training your puppy needs to be a priority along with a commitment you need to make prior to delivering a fur baby home.
I like to set aside 2 complete weeks for potty training.
(1) You need a spot to help keep your puppy when it's not with you. This can be generally a crate, but could be a play pen, a little space in your house. This spot shouldn't be very large. You want your fur baby to want out of this location to relive itself.
(2) The sleeping location needs to be close towards the potty location. No stairs, no doors, no slippery floors. In case you are going to utilize a dog door, then the puppy should understand how to utilize the dog door prior to potty training.
(3) It is ideal if only a single owner is accountable for potty training. If there will be more than a single person, set certain times for each person to be fur baby sitting. The fur baby needs to follow you on its very own feet, not being carried.
(4) You are going to need to restrict meals and water during potty training. Most puppy dog's ought to be in a position to go 4 hours or more between meals and water.
(5) You need to remove all smells of urine and feces from all areas of your residence. The bed where your fur baby sleeps needs to be machine washable just like the Flower Pet Bed, This way if there is an accident on the bedding it can be washed.
Here is an example of methods I use to train little puppies to go potty outdoors using a dog door. I take the flap off the dog door till the puppy makes use of the dog door easily. I construct a play pen around the interior and outdoors of the dog door. I place a bed just like the Flower Pet Bed on the inside along with a scent around the grass outdoors. I restrict their meals and water to a particular schedule.
I use a timer and set it to go off every hour. When the timer goes off I check the fur baby, if it's awake I go outdoors and call it to the outdoors pen. I play with the fur baby and stay with it till it goes potty. I say "go potty" over and over, when it goes potty I reward it with a treat. Once it has gone potty then the fur baby may go back inside. When the fur baby is not restricted to the play pen, it will either be in my hands or on a leash. If I see the puppy commence to squat or sniff about I say "outside" "outside" and take it to its potty spot. As the fur baby masters this I expand the quantity of time to two, 3, four hours and so on. It generally will take me a week to get to this point.
Then I expand the puppy dog's world and wait for it to end up making a mistake. I open the pen in the inside of the house. I ensure the fur baby has unrestricted access for the dog door as well as the outdoors potty spot. I watch it extremely carefully, this can be the toughest component, you must be extremely diligent. You want to catch your fur baby just starting to try to potty where it shouldn't, then chase it outdoors to its potty spot. I generally utilize a noise maker such as a can with rocks, or some thing else to startle it. I say "outside" "outside" and chase it out through the dog door for the potty spot. The puppy has to make the connection: potty outdoors excellent, potty inside bad. Once that connection is made the greatest component of potty training is achieved. This can be generally done by the finish of week two. At this time your fur baby is potty managed, and life should be excellent.
Satisfaction Guaranteed – Designed and manufactured in the US, with our promis that Flower Pet Bed is not going to fall apart when cleaned or get your money back. Get right now from Amazon.com and give your puppy the gift of ease and comfort.
Good quality Materials – Our puppy dog bed is constructed of top quality fleece materials and poly-fil. The easily removed bolster adds framework plus a edge for the puppy do to snuggle against. You will enjoy how the easily removed cover and inner cushion can be machine cleaned and dried.
Exclusive Design and style – Our designer style will cradle your little puppy dog in the luxurious soft petals from the Flower Pet Bed. This adaptable bed can be rapidly adjusted to the actual size of your dog.
Our Flower Pet Bed is changeable to suit the actual size of your dog. Merely pull the drawstring to create a smaller flower bud or keep it expanded for a flower bloom. It is also quickly adaptable to fit within a puppy dog kennel or stroller.
The Flower Pet Bed is available exclusively at Amazon.com in a Variety of Colours along with other prints. Enjoy yourself color-coordinating your Flower Pet Bed along with your home decor. You can even match our designs and colours along with your puppy dog's clothing.
Posted under Dog Obedience Training
This post was written by TKB_Editor on May 24, 2015